cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFESSIONS FROM A CLIENT- 3 Tips to Win Proposals.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 22

Am I the only one who noted this guy's account account was suspended 5 days ago? lol Them freelancers gonna have fun gettin paid.

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 22

Is "profile not public" the same as "profile suspended?" Or do you know something we don't?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 22

@Reinier B wrote:

Is "profile not public" the same as "profile suspended?" Or do you know something we don't?

No, profile not public has nothing to do with suspensions, but there is a major hint on another thread...

Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
14 of 22

@Petra R wrote:

@Reinier B wrote:

No, profile not public has nothing to do with suspensions, but there is a major hint on another thread...

I'll find it, thanks.

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
15 of 22

Reinier, see under Clients.  I believe a mod was the last to post.

As far as where Chris is or not doesn't make any difference to the content of what he wrote.  His words were accurate.

Ace Contributor
Winter T Member Since: May 11, 2016
16 of 22

I would like to say that price isn't a concern for clients, except that I'm turning down about ten jobs a week because the quoted pay rate just isn't high enough. I don't work for peanuts, and don't see why I should.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 22

@Winter T wrote:

I would like to say that price isn't a concern for clients, except that I'm turning down about ten jobs a week because the quoted pay rate just isn't high enough. I don't work for peanuts, and don't see why I should.

Why do you turn them down instead of just saying "YES, I'd love to" and accept the request at your own price? Invites don't cost you any connects, what do you have to lose?

Ace Contributor
Gary H Member Since: Mar 25, 2016
18 of 22

@Petra R wrote:

@Winter T wrote:

Why do you turn them down instead of just saying "YES, I'd love to" and accept the request at your own price? Invites don't cost you any connects, what do you have to lose?

Like Petra said: Just put in your rate and see what happens.

I do this all the time, you never know if the client has just put in a holder price. Sometimes they just don't know how much work it will take, and thus they don't really know the true end cost.

Ace Contributor
Winter T Member Since: May 11, 2016
19 of 22

@Petra R wrote:

@Winter T wrote:

Quite of few of those are explicit prices where it's clear they don't have a placeholder. I just give them the "budget too low" response and move on.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
20 of 22

Petra's suggestion is right on.

I say yes to all kinds of terrible offers. I simply name my own price.

Sometimes they pay my price, and I work on the project.

Sometimes they don't want to pay my price and I wish them well (no hard feelings), but I don't work with them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS