mahmud-rippy

CONNECTS not working to connect with new clients

Work History (approximately in last 6 months)
Spent over 400 connects to land new jobs
Result: Landed just a SINGLE!!!

Received over 100 invitations (only from new clients)
Result: Landed around 25

Upwork recommended around 50 jobs
Result: Only 5 between them did match with my skills

SINCE ODESK MIGRATED INTO UPWORK I ALMOST FORGOT HOW IT FEELS TO GET RESPONSE FROM A NEW CLIENT WITHOUT BEING INVITED 

Mahmud
3 REPLIES 3
jmeyn

@Mahmudur R wrote:

Work History (approximately in last 6 months)
Spent over 400 connects to land new jobs
Result: Landed just a SINGLE!!!

Received over 100 invitations (only from new clients)
Result: Landed around 25

Upwork recommended around 50 jobs
Result: Only 5 between them did match with my skills

SINCE ODESK MIGRATED INTO UPWORK I ALMOST FORGOT HOW IT FEELS TO GET RESPONSE FROM A NEW CLIENT WITHOUT BEING INVITED 

Lucky you. I haven't even received 25 invitations. 

mahmud-rippy

Question_01: I received 60 connects beginning of the month. Then I spent 12 and found the rest is 48 as well. But some minutes later I got it 50, then 52. It repeats almost every month. Why does it happen and how can I get more connects keeping my basic membership?

Question_02: Since oDesk became Upwork, I never find any response from the job I applied. I only get response from the clients who invite me. My question is what the hell on earth I did for what all clients keep declines all my applications? Believe it or not, since odesk was merged with elance many top rated freelancers like me are almost jobless!

Can we expect a good change this year from upwork? Or we should still close our eyes and keep praying to God if any client be kind enough to invite us?

Mahmud

Hello Mahmudur, here are my respônses to your enquiries.

You get a job  connect refunded anytime a job you applied for expires and the client did not hire a contractor , this is a neat feature that ensures connect are not wasted on project briefs a client does not follow through with.

In response to your second question , what do I say. ?

It is a pretty competitive landscape here and yôu just have to keep on pitching using the marketing strategies .you have i.e great profile overview , well written proposals , good people skills when doing interviews with prospects etc.

Wish you the best this year on the platform.