Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CONSTANT NEW CLIENT REQUESTS AND DOZENS OF EMAILS

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
ILANNA M Member Since: Jun 29, 2014
11 of 13

Now, the client is cancelling all further work that was agreed to in writing. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
12 of 13

ILANNA M wrote:

Phyllis;

The truth is, I already have. We're creating the program in Storyline 360. The client chose a specific voice for the speech to text feature. It's actually a lot of work to do that. Now this week they suddenly changed their mind and said for me to replace it. That's a revision in my opinion, but I didn't balk at it and I did it anyway. 

Then, they asked for an outline in Word and pdf. Again, I didn't balk, but I politely did the work. 

There have been all kinds of these unscheduled changes they have asked for that I've never said a word about. But, now we're coming to the end of the program and they still want things from me without pay. I understand the client isn't wealthy and doesn't have unlimited resources. I don't expect that. But, I have worked weekends and nights on this project without pay to do things they want. I feel I've hit my limit. 

Ilanna 

In that case, it's definitely time to draw the line. Unfortunately, you've trained them to indulge in scope creep. Now you need to re-educate them, per the very good advice from the others here.

Ace Contributor
ILANNA M Member Since: Jun 29, 2014
13 of 13

All resolved and we will proceed as agreed. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS