🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: CONTRACT ON HOLD/SUSPENDED, REFUND ETC
Page options
8fc34bd3
Community Member

CONTRACT ON HOLD/SUSPENDED, REFUND ETC

Hi all, so after a year of working on this platform, here is a first for me,

I got an email from Upwork notifying me that my contract with a particular client is on hold and is being reviewed.This,I understand.

Today I get a message from Upwork notifying that I refunded 20$ from a 35$ job last week, I checked my email and the contract for more info on this to no avail.

After the client requested a bulk upload to an ecommerce platform and I timed and did half, after which the client notified me that the supplier is updating prices and to hold off uploads for a while, so I did and the contract hold didn't bother me,

But I'm confused, why was the client refunded from the payment that was due for the work I completed? Maybe I need an explanation as to WHY exactly a refund was given?

2 REPLIES 2
seyumd
Community Member

Same thing happened to me today. I don't think its related with the your work, but rather between the customer and Upwork 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaqilah,

When the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren’t covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

The team will be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members