🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CONTRACT SUSPENSION
Page options
theladyblogger
Community Member

CONTRACT SUSPENSION

Hello Upwork Team,

Okay, this is quite frustrating because I got a contract a month ago where I needed to print out and and sort files in paper and then put it in a Project Management platform. Now my contract is suspended without clear reasons from Upwork. Now the only reason that I can think is that most of the time I am idle but my time tracker is still on simply because I need to print and and sort which isoffline and then uplaod it once I'm done and it's not a simple file... it's a huge files that client sent me via email. nowI still have lot's of paperwork to do! the client have dyslexia and she also wants me to put emojis to all the documents and title ofcourse upwork dont know anything about it but I can provide screenshot and proof which I already did in the email today. I hope you guys can sort this immediately since time is fluid and and important for me a s freelancer.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hannah,

I would like to clarify that you don't have a hold or anything similar on your account. The contract was put on hold due to a problem on the client's end.
Our team has already reached out to your client via ticket and email with additional information/instructions. Your client can follow up directly there and our team will assist them further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jr-translation
Community Member

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

Hello Upwork Team,

Okay, this is quite frustrating because I got a contract a month ago where I needed to print out and and sort files in paper and then put it in a Project Management platform. Now my contract is suspended without clear reasons from Upwork. Now the only reason that I can think is that most of the time I am idle but my time tracker is still on simply because I need to print and and sort which isoffline and then uplaod it once I'm done and it's not a simple file... it's a huge files that client sent me via email. nowI still have lot's of paperwork to do! the client have dyslexia and she also wants me to put emojis to all the documents and title ofcourse upwork dont know anything about it but I can provide screenshot and proof which I already did in the email today. I hope you guys can sort this immediately since time is fluid and and important for me a s freelancer.

Was the contract suspended or put on hold?
Did you meet the requirement for payment protection?

My apology it says We have noticed some possible issues with your contract  While we take a closer look, we will need to put your contract on hold temporarily. 

I have current pending payments will they be affected too? 

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

I have current pending payments will they be affected too? 

You should not have any funds in Pensing from this contract. The funds for last week's hours should be in "Under Review" and the funds for the week before in "Available"

*IF* the clients does not resolve the issue, it could affect the hours you worked last week and potentially this week.

If a client fails to pay, Upwork covers you for any hours wihich were tracked using the tracker, AND with meaningful work memos which clearly describe the work you are doing, AND adequate activity levels (hours with too many segments of less than 5 green bars are not covered) - Your previous comment would make me think that you might not be covered fro some hors because of the activity levels.

Essentially the client needs to pay. If she sorts it out, you get paid as usual.

petra_r
Community Member

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

Okay, this is quite frustrating because I got a contract a month ago where I needed to print out and and sort files in paper and then put it in a Project Management platform. Now my contract is suspended without clear reasons from Upwork..

The contract being suspended / on hold means it is something on the client side. Usually it means the client didn't pay last week's hours.

Only the client can fix it.

Jennifer R wrote:

Hannah Raissa M wrote:
Did you meet the requirement for payment protection?

Probably not for much of the work.... She said "most of the time I am idle but my time tracker is still on"

My apology it says We have noticed some possible issues with your contract  While we take a closer look, we will need to put your contract on hold temporarily. 

Here's the screenshot from the client's email where I need to print it and she doaesn't care how long it will take me todo it because it's ahuge file.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks for all the help. I just don't know what's going on.

ok so can someone clarify this? Does upwork have the right to pause or put onhold an account even if the client instructed a very clear direction of what to do?  I thought the client is the one who's monitoring my daily work and not upwork? and the client is the one paying me? coz if yes I'm not happy to know that.

The client just replied on my email today and she said she's not pausing our contract. Based on my understanding the works including the instruction and and all the at stuff  should be about me and the cllient and a not me and upwork and they just helping me find work and for giving back we they will have a specific fees on my work.

I register here because of the protection even if it's high, its reasonable. Protection for work is important for me so I don't mind. 

IF and only if Upwork is not thereason why my account is on-onhold is that maybe my client account has expired or have problems that she didn't know. This is also the reason why I am asking for clarity of what it is so that I'm not clueless with what going on and soas my client. I'm not asking for detailed stuff here if privacy is the issue but maybe Upwork could just tell me that payment is declined. I'm not sure why it's hard for them to say that as I am not asking anything more.

Hi Hannah,

I would like to clarify that you don't have a hold or anything similar on your account. The contract was put on hold due to a problem on the client's end.
Our team has already reached out to your client via ticket and email with additional information/instructions. Your client can follow up directly there and our team will assist them further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the clarification. I hope everything will get sorted our soon. Thank you for all your help guys! YOU WERE AMAZING!

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

ok so can someone clarify this? Does upwork have the right to pause or put onhold an account even if the client instructed a very clear direction of what to do?  I thought the client is the one who's monitoring my daily work and not upwork? and the client is the one paying me? 

The client has to talk to Upwork. Upwork will have been trying to get hold of the client for days.

Upwork will put a contract on hold when repeated attempts to charge the client for your hours have failed.

What the client clearly instructed you to do is irrelevant when the client has not PAID for the hours.

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

The client just replied on my email today and she said she's not pausing our contract. maybe my client account has expired or have problems that she didn't know.

Upwork will have been writing to her for days and her account will also show an overdue balance...

Get the client to contact Upwork. There is nothing you can do from your end.

Thank you I already did she said she will take a look after work was there a way foe you guys to reach out to her instead? I know we have this function here right? just in case she will not respond anymore? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members