🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » CONTRACT
Page options
missmkay
Community Member

CONTRACT

Hello there, i am just getting my first contract as a freelancer. My agreement with my client was $200 per week but on the contract they put in hourly. Will i be paid according to what the client said? The weekly billing iseading about $57, w i still get the stipulated amount agrred by the cliebt or according to the weekly billing method. 

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Mkay:

We are just Upwork users like yourself.

So I can't see the details of YOUR contract.

You need to navigate to your contract:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

Click on the listing.

Then click on the "Terms and Setting" tab.

You should be able to see key aspects of your contract, including any automatic weekly payment.

If a client hired me and set up an "automatic weekly payment" of $200 per week, then that means the contract will AUTOMATICALLY PAY ME $200 per week WITHOUT ME DOING ANYTHING in terms of logging time or clicking buttons.

If you don't see that anywhere, then your client didn't set that up for you.

re: "Will i be paid according to what the client said?"

You don't paid according to what a client says.

You get paid according to time that you log, and any automatic weekly payment.

You need to find that $200 listed in your contract settings details. If you don't see it, you're not going to get paid that money.

Thank you for your response.
''This is a part time position working 25 hours a week. You will be paid
$200 per week. This has the potential to be an ongoing position'' This is
what they wrote but its not stated in the contact listed there.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mkay E wrote:

Hello there, i am just getting my first contract as a freelancer. My agreement with my client was $200 per week but on the contract they put in hourly. Will i be paid according to what the client said? The weekly billing iseading about $57, w i still get the stipulated amount agrred by the cliebt or according to the weekly billing method. 

Talk to the client about it. 

Sure i will, I am waiting to get the first pay so I will see if they
might pay completely or not.. Thank you.

Mkay E wrote:
Sure i will, I am waiting to get the first pay so I will see if they
might pay completely or not.. Thank you.

No. Don't wait. Ask. 

Mkay:
This client is just saying stuff.

It doesn't mean anything.

I don't see any reason for you to believe that you are going to get paid $200/week by this person.

You need to make sure you understand these concepts:

- hourly pay

- automated weekly pay

And you need to VERIFY that you have automated weekly pay set up and/or that you are successfully logging time for hourly pay.

Talk to us.

Let's figure this out.

We love to talk about this stuff.

We don't want to see you get ripped off.

If this client is an honest person but doesn't understand how to use the Upwork tools properly, then she can come to the Forum and we will help her get the contract set up properly.

Preston said:

This client is just saying stuff.

It doesn't mean anything.

I don't see any reason for you to believe that you are going to get paid by this person.

She has already been paid $56 so far on this job. It's in her job history. The client is legit. It's just that there may be no guarantee of any further work. 

roberty1y
Community Member

I think $200 dollars could be the maximum they would pay you per week. But the client probably intends you only to work on whatever jobs they give you, which could amount to a lot less. You didn't say what the contract states, only what (if I understand you rightly) they said in a message at the time the contract was started.

data_divas
Community Member

The job description says

"This is a part time position working 25 hours a week. You will be paid  $200 per week. This has the potential to be an ongoing position."

In order to make $200 per week for 25 hours you'd have to be charging $8.00 per hour,  you are charging $5.00 per hour for this job so no you won't make $200 per week even if you work 25 hours. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths