🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » COVID 19 Contact Tracers
Page options
rthompsonb26
Community Member

COVID 19 Contact Tracers

I understand that millions of contact tracers will be needed, but I do not see any posting on Upwork.  Is Upwork reaching out to the states to let them know there are millions of freelancers available to help?

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Robert T wrote:

I understand that millions of contact tracers will be needed, but I do not see any posting on Upwork.  Is Upwork reaching out to the states to let them know there are millions of freelancers available to help?

What's a contact tracer?

Anyway, Upwork spends a lot in marketing, so I'd say yes.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Robert... some inside info for you:

Contract tracing will be done in part by people who are paid to do so, but not necessarily by Upwork freelancers.

Where I am at, we are mainly looking to utilize nursing students who can receive college credit, and we won't need to pay them. It is part of their training as nurses.

We are also looking at having contact tracing done by existing employees who are not able to do their regular work. Such as county and city employees.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Contact tracing requires a very specialized skill set. It's not like census taking or other kinds of canvassing that anybody can easily learn to do effectively. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members