🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Calendar Feature and Meeting Reminder System
Page options
dylanglover
Community Member

Calendar Feature and Meeting Reminder System

Hi Upwork community,

As a freelancer, I see the need for a calendar feature with the ability to create meeting events that would issue notifications to the client, any team members, and myself when we're scheduled to meet. The client would have to accept the meeting invite, much like how Google calendar works.

Since we're suppose to keep communication on Upwork it would be smart to have this feature and not have to send someone an e-mail calendar invite.

Let me know if you think you'd use a calendar feature as well, in the comments!

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for this suggestion, Dylan. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
218c0726
Community Member

Adding my vote to this - need to create the meeting invitation in Upwork and have it save to Google or Outlook calendars.  Just started using Upwork, hired our first freelancer for a project and scheduling our times to talk is a pain since we are messaging inside of Upwork, and doing the calls in Upwork, but have to separately / manually go put the calls on our calendars - that's a pain.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback, Dave. I'm going to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
khindawi99
Community Member

I think it should be an integral part of the Upwork platform.

Some clients want to book meetings with freelancers and join other developers like CTOs or Senior Developers who don't have an Upwork profile.
This is because other people can join the meeting through the invite link.

d_landon
Community Member

Ditto, here. A calendar/scheduler feature makes good sense. I.e., a repeat client contacted me to discuss a new project. We've agreed on a meeting time to discuss, and I've entered the appointment in Slack. It would be really nice to have a little pop-up (or whatever) calendar right there in the Messages screen with the ability to schedule the meeting right there. Nice and cohesive and efficient!

dylanglover
Community Member

This request must have gone through.

"Schedule a meeting" feature is now availible for everyone 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members