🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Calendly
Page options
hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Calendly

Hi, I was contacted by a client for a service, he had alot of messages on upwork( 73 I guess) so created a calendly for a scheduled meeting, I initially accepted the calendly date (the interview was still to be conducted over Upwork zoom) but later found out that Calendly is not associated with upwork, and cannot be used before contract. (Found this over a community channel) So I did not respond back, I've messaged him on upwork again, and asked him to manage the interview over the app.
Just wanted to know if that is okay? I didn't know, but as soon as I found out, I did not reply anything outside of upwork.

Regards,
Hassan.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, the rule is : Communicating outside of Upwork before being formally hired on Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Service all freelancers/clients agree to when they sign up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abranen
Community Member

Hi Hassan,

I've had clients send me MS Teams and Google Meet links so they could include other colleagues in meetings. As long as they don't try to get you to work for them without the payment being processed through Upwork, I don't think there are any issues with having calls on another platform.

If I'm misunderstanding that, hopefully someone will chime in here and correct me.

Best,

Allison

Hi, the rule is : Communicating outside of Upwork before being formally hired on Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Service all freelancers/clients agree to when they sign up.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members