🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Call before a contract?
Page options
slavkoa
Community Member

Call before a contract?

Is a validation of ToS if you make call at hangout before contract?
"To make a call on hangout you share one time link with potencial client and no other contact information is shared. "

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Slavko,

Freelancers and clients may not request or share any contact information before a contract is started. You can learn more about sharing information on Upwork here

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Slavko,

Freelancers and clients may not request or share any contact information before a contract is started. You can learn more about sharing information on Upwork here

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
slavkoa
Community Member

Thank you , i just explain a client it not option to make a hangout call before contract.

lysis10
Community Member

Bojan forgot to mention Enterprise. Enterprise clients can chat anywhere. Upwork themselves use Google Meetings, so first make sure it's not an Enterprise client.

slavkoa
Community Member

Jennifer M. Is not , just a regular client.  So no call for him before contract.
I have read article Bojan pointed to and there is explained well and pointed about Enterprise are excluded from some of this rules.

lysis10
Community Member

Slavko A wrote:

Jennifer M. Is not , just a regular client.  So no call for him before contract.
I have read article Bojan pointed to and there is explained well and pointed about Enterprise are excluded from some of this rules.

ok cool. Just making sure you don't tell an Enterprise client that you can't and lose the job over something silly like that. ✌

Delete

ravi_iitian
Community Member

Yes, you can use Upwork facilities (messaging, Zoom, etc.) before a contract starts.

You cannot communicate outside Upwork until a contract is in place.

"Certa bonum certamen"
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members