🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I Share my email id to Client?
Page options
sumit988
Community Member

Can I Share my email id to Client?

Hello! Upwork community,
I have received an interview for a job and now client is asking for my email id, so can i share?

Best Regards,

Sumit

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sumit,

You and your client can share your email addresses when the sole purpose is giving the other party access to a system that allows them to scope the project in advance. 

In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sumit, 

Please keep in mind that communicating outside of Upwork before you're hired on an official contract is not allowed and it is in violation of our TOS.

Once an official contract is formed, you and your client can communicate via another method as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

She's askin my email for sending the demo work that is huge so she couldn't share on Upwork. What should i do now?

Hi Sumit,

You and your client can share your email addresses when the sole purpose is giving the other party access to a system that allows them to scope the project in advance. 

In these cases, please be sure to ask the client to only contact you through Upwork until a contract is started. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay, Thanks for your support Goran.

Kind Regards,

Sumit

client ask email for adding me in github. for code review and estimation.
can i share it, before contract start.

esadr
Community Member

Yes, you can.

If you need to share an email address to get access to systems so you can scope a project. Examples would be:

• Github/Bitbucket/Gitlab or other code repositories
  • Google/Facebook or other ad analytics programs
  • Quickbooks or other bookkeeping/accounting programs
  • Cloud drive folders
  • Online e-signature programs
  • Website host or builders

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051749534-Contact-Information-Sharing

Hi Goran,

A client need to send some samples (material analysis) to my home address via courier service. He needs my cell number and email address for this purpose. Can i share it before the contract started?.

looking forward to your response.

Thank you

Is the demo work paid?  If not do not ever do free demos.  Most likely you will be cheated.

My client ask me to share email reason she wants me to send NDA and I have informed it is a violation of policy. But she inform me - 

"I will need an email so we can share the NDA with selected candidates for the first part of the jobs. I hope that will be a valid reason for the email."

Thus I have just shared to her. Is that okay . please confirm.

No, of course it's not ok. I don't know why you doubted your own knowledge. 

Don't do anything just because a client tells you. You really need to act on your knowlegde, not throw it out of the window because a random person on the internet tells you to. You know that many "clients" are scammers, don't you?

You shouldn;t have done that. Probably a scam. No reason she couldn't have attached the NDA to the message here on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members