🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I Work 2 Hourly Job On Same Time Usin...
Page options
ukasha-khan
Community Member

Can I Work 2 Hourly Job On Same Time Using 2 Computers

I have 2 hourly jobs can I work on both at the same time using another computer like one computer for each

Thanks Ukasha
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ukasha,

While you can use the time tracker on 2 computers you can not use them at the same time. To learn more about payment protection see the article here and please check this help article for more information on how to log time using a time tracker. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ukasha,

While you can use the time tracker on 2 computers you can not use them at the same time. To learn more about payment protection see the article here and please check this help article for more information on how to log time using a time tracker. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Ukasha K wrote:
I have 2 hourly jobs can I work on both at the same time using another computer like one computer for each

Thanks Ukasha

How exactly are you going to be typing and physically working on each computer at the same time?

Amanda, I think that's pretty obvious. 😉

Left hand + left eye + left brain, and then right hand + right eye + right brain. 🤪

Anyone can do, right? 🤣

Double the productivity, double the income! 🤑

Mikko R wrote:
Amanda, I think that's pretty obvious. 😉

Left hand + left eye + left brain, and then right hand + right eye + right brain. 🤪

Anyone can do, right? 🤣

Double the productivity, double the income! 🤑

Actually I thought maybe he'd learned to type with his toes. 

Amanda L wrote:

Actually I thought maybe he'd learned to type with his toes. 

I want that skill!!! Smiley Tongue

Lol I Can If I Have 1 Partner Like My Sweet Wife🥰

Ukasha K wrote:

Lol I Can If I Have 1 Partner Like My Sweet Wife🥰

Please be advised that having anyone else bill hours on your account under any contract is fraud and a violation of Upwork TOS. 

I'm sure she's very sweet, but your wife needs to have her own account and her own contracts. She cannot work on yours. 

Thanks Thanks 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Ukasha K.,

If you can drive two different cars at the same time or fix the plumbing in two different kitchens at the same time, then you should be go to go using TimeTracker to track the same work time on two different projects.

Otherwise, no.

Haha Nice Lol

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

When the left brain has no idea what the right brain is up to ...

I know people charging by the hour on render time in a render server, while they do video editing in another station.

If they wanted to join Upwork, there is no chance for them to be protected by time?

just curious, no my case

Horacio:

Upwork does not allow overlapping time segments. The software simply doesn't allow that to be recorded.

So it would be impossible for any freelancer to log an hour of time from two p.m. to three p.m. on Wednesday, for two different contracts.

It is not Upwork's intention that freelancers log time for rendering by unattended computers.

The intended use of the time-tracker app is to record active human work time. The tool automatically does not record time segments with insufficient keyboard/mouse activity.

In theory, freelancers may be able to log time using manual time. Such time is not covered by Upwork Payment Protection.

Freelancers may wish to use fixed-price contracts in situations such as you describe. There are no limits regarding overlapping time for fixed-price work.

petra_r
Community Member

Horacio C wrote:

I know people charging by the hour on render time in a render server, while they do video editing in another station.

This is not possible. The tracker only allows tracking on one contract at a time. That is a good thing because clients expect to pay freelancers for the time they work for THEM, not for time they work for someone else while a machine renders all by itself.

tlsanders
Community Member

Horacio C wrote:

If they wanted to join Upwork, there is no chance for them to be protected by time?

just curious, no my case

No, Upwork's hourly billing is for billing active work hours. Even if the freelancer were sitting and starting at the computer that was rendering without their input, the time tracker would shut down due to lack of activity on the freelancer's part.

If a freelancer wants to charge rent on his computer for that time, he'd have to either use fixed price contracts or get the client to agree to an additional flat-rate payment using the weekly pay or bonus feature. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths