cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add drop-down list, linked table of contents in my cover letter?

masumln
Ace Contributor
Md. M Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
1 of 3

Is it possible to add table of contents, drop-down list in Upwork cover letter. Many Clients may not read a whole cover letter of most freelancers. So, if it is possible to make a cover letter with table of contents like wikipedia, it would be better I think. 

In a cover letter, A freelancer has to write something about his understandings of the project, then he has to write something about his experience & skills. At the end, he has to add some conclusion. These parts are the primary thing for a general cover letter I think. And, you've to write about 300-400 words if you want to describe these parts. But a client doesn't have a lot of time to read a big cover letter. But, he can read the important parts of a cover letter if there is a drop-down list or a table of contents. Is this feature available for Upwork Cover letter? 

Finally, I'm apoloziging if you find anything wrong in my post. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Md,

It's not possible to add a drop down menu to your cover letter. However, you can prioritize the information you believe will be most valuable for the client and is more relevant to the job you are applying for and put it at the beginning of your cover letter. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 3

If your cover letter is long enough to need a table of contents, it's wayyyyyyy too long.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS