🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I, as a freelancer, create a job with a s...
Page options
d_landon
Community Member

Can I, as a freelancer, create a job with a specific (new) client who has an Upwork account?

On occasion a new client (who has an Upwork account, but with whom I have not worked yet) who wants to hire me will ask me if I can create the job, as opposed them creating it.

There is a way to propose a new contract with a client if we've worked together, and there is a way to set up a "Direct Contract" with clients who do not have Upwork accounts, but I'm not seeing a way to set up a contract with a client who has an account but with whom I have not yet worked through Upwork. I have had several clients ask me if I could set up the contract.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

David:

Clients often need help with this sort of thing.

In a sense, you can "create" a job for a client, and doing so may benefit him tremendously.

I often provide clients the text they need to copy and paste into a contract description. I can't create the Upwork contract for them. But I can provide them with the text they need to describe the fixed-price task I am going to do, or even the text they need to describe an hourly contract.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

Unfortunately, that feature is not available. Proposing another contract to an existing client is available.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
d_landon
Community Member

Thank you.

prestonhunter
Community Member

David:

Clients often need help with this sort of thing.

In a sense, you can "create" a job for a client, and doing so may benefit him tremendously.

I often provide clients the text they need to copy and paste into a contract description. I can't create the Upwork contract for them. But I can provide them with the text they need to describe the fixed-price task I am going to do, or even the text they need to describe an hourly contract.

Thanks, Preston. This is helpful.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members