🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I (as the contractor) propose a new c...
Page options
bryantvw
Community Member

Can I (as the contractor) propose a new contract to a client I haven't worked with before?

I'm talking with a client who wants to use me for a project, but NOT the project I initially submitted a proposal for. There are different price terms and a different scope of work. 

Can the client propose a new contract with me? I'm not able to send one to her as far as I can tell. Or does she have to create a new job posting and invite me to apply?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah, sorry. That's why I edited my answer. Actually the Propose a New Contract link appears right there but only if you have already worked for that client.

She can still send you an offer with a new contract directly going to your profile and clicking on the Hire button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sergio-soria
Community Member

She can send an offer directly to you without posting in the open.

If you are unsure about how the system works, contracts, etc. please don't overlook the manuals and tutorials. Check this link https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214

Would it be on the top right of the chat box under the (...) button? I don't have anything resembling a Propose New Contract feature. 

And at the top left there's only a "View Proposal" link. 

Yeah, sorry. That's why I edited my answer. Actually the Propose a New Contract link appears right there but only if you have already worked for that client.

She can still send you an offer with a new contract directly going to your profile and clicking on the Hire button.

And when I try to click the link you attached it leads me to a Page Not Found link 😕 I've gone through the tutorials and have successfully completed a good number of jobs but this portion escapes me.

Ok, I fixed the link now, in case you want to check.

And this one will be for your client if she doesn't know how to do it. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063618-Send-an-Offer

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths