cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I be signed in to Time Tracker from two different computer, for two different clients, at once?

Highlighted
Robin C Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
1 of 6

Hi - I am currently working with four Upwork clients at the same time, like many.  One of my clients is needing extra hours for the next 8 weeks.  I was thinking of hiring my neice to work with me short-term to assist me with the extra effort.

Does anyone know if Time Tracker will allow you to sign on from two different computers at the same time and actually work on two different clients tasks so that we can both track time under my freelancer account since she will be a temporary assistant?

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
2 of 6

If you have agency account and both of you have individual accounts and with the same agency, both of you can use separate time trackers.

If not, IMHO you are not allowed like that.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

re: "Can I be signed in to Time Tracker from two different computer, for two different clients, at once?"

No.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

re: "I am currently working with four Upwork clients at the same time, like many.  One of my clients is needing extra hours for the next 8 weeks.  I was thinking of hiring my neice to work with me short-term to assist me with the extra effort."

This is grounds for having your Upwork account suspended, or having your account permanently terminated.

I don't want to sound harsh, but those are the facts.

I think your intentions are pure. You asked an honest question. Now you know the answer. Upwork aggressively attempts to detect any situation in which a user logs into somebody else's account. This is absolutely forbidden. People who have simply been suspected of doing this have had their accounts suspended.

It is extremely important that your neice never work using your Upwork account. Nobody except for you may ever use your Upwork account or log time using the time-tracker while logged in as you. Nobody, not even a family member, spouse, neice, co-worker, friend, etc., may ever know your username or password.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

Absolutely not, under any circumstances. Nobody may touch any hourly contracts of yours, even with the client’s permission. You could lose your account.

Your client can hire your niece and pay you extra to supervise, but the contract must be between your client and your niece. 

Robin C Member Since: Nov 21, 2017
6 of 6

Thank you everyone for your responses.  Not worth risking my Upwork account and not worth going agency for a short term of extra work.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS