🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I change contract title and description a...
Page options
ezzatmostafa
Community Member

Can I change contract title and description after hiring someone?

Can I change contract title and description after hiring someone?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "What about the description?"

If you close the current contract, you may create a NEW contract with a NEW contract title AND you may change the project description in any way that you want.

ALSO:
The description doesn't really matter as much as the contract title to many clients. Because the contract title appears in a freelancer's profile history, AND it appears in a client's hiring history. But the description does not appear anywhere publicly once the job posting is removed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AndreaG

Hi Mostafa,

Once created the contract title cannot be changed. You can end the contract and rehire the freelancer.

~Andrea
Upwork

What about the description ? 

re: "What about the description?"

If you close the current contract, you may create a NEW contract with a NEW contract title AND you may change the project description in any way that you want.

ALSO:
The description doesn't really matter as much as the contract title to many clients. Because the contract title appears in a freelancer's profile history, AND it appears in a client's hiring history. But the description does not appear anywhere publicly once the job posting is removed.

I'm sorry, I just want to ask some thing for example if there is a contract with 100$ and 50$ paid can i end th contract for edit the title and propose a new one with the client ?

re: "I'm sorry, I just want to ask some thing for example if there is a contract with 100$ and 50$ paid can i end th contract for edit the title and propose a new one with the client ?"

Yes. That is fine.

Will not hurt anything to do that.

contact.PNG

give a look this the contract there is the last 150$ the client is comprehensive but when i end the contract will i make the job finished or what? and is that ending will hurt anything? 

Thanks in advance

What are you asking?

The contract didn't finish yet but I want to finish this one and propose a new one with suitable title and description and with the rest of the money so i'm asking is that possible and is there any problem in this?

Yes. It is possible.

There is no rule against it.

This isn't part of JSS.

That won't hurt anything.

Nobody cares.

Upwork does not calculate JSS based on the budget.

It does not matter if the amount earned does not match the budget.

It does not matter if there are planned milestones that were never done or paid.

Those things don't have any negative impact.

You are the freelancer? I would try to make the client's experience as easy and pleasant as possible. I wouldn't suggest to do that. Plus, the current contract can't be changed anyway, so why go to all this trouble?

the idea the client make the title very general doesn't specify any skill that will make future clients don't my previous jobs about 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Are you waiting for answer no 3? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members