cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my hourly rate later on?

Steven E Member Since: Oct 1, 2014
1 of 82
I am in the middle of creating a profile to become a freelancer. I'm stuck on my pay rate. Will I be able to change it later on if it's not quite up to my standards, or my clients?
Ace Contributor
Susan B Member Since: Mar 28, 2009
2 of 82
and when you apply for a job, you don't have to stick to the rate you have listed. It will ask you to set the rate each time (though it defaults to the rate you have on your profile).
haris a Member Since: Jan 4, 2016
3 of 82

YES YOU CAN GO TO USER SETTING  THEN PROFILE SETTINGS THEN CLICK ON ADD WORK HISTORY THERE U CAN EDIT YOUR HOURLY RATE..

Daniel W Member Since: Jan 10, 2016
4 of 82

Thanks for this information. However, when I go to "profile settings", I only see "my account summary", "my profile", "experience level", "categories" and "linked accounts". There is nothing for adding work history? So how to edit the hourly rate?

On the other hand, instead of "profile settings", if I go to "my profile", I can see the old hourly rate, but there is no button to edit it, only to edit name and title, add skills, change availability, etc.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 82

Daniel,

Go to Find Work

Then hover your mouse over your rate and click the green edit button

change rate.png

Daniel W Member Since: Jan 10, 2016
6 of 82

Petra

It is strange, I see other things that can be edited. But not the hourly rate. See attached screenshot. Hovering all around the rate doesn't bring up an edit button there.

upwork profile problem.PNG

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 82

Hi Daniel,

Please follow the instructions I sent you in a private message. Let me know if you need additional help.

Digital W Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
8 of 82

Hi Vladimir,

I am facing the same issues with editing my Hourly Rate, same as Daniel. Can you please help me also? Awaiting your thoughts.

Kind Regards

Ady

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 82

@Digital W wrote:

I am facing the same issues with editing my Hourly Rate

Unless your parents are called Mr and Mrs Web and have a very strange sense of humour ccalling their son "Digital" your hourly rate isn't your problem.

Your Upwork account must be in your own legal name, so at the moment your entire profile is against the terms of service.

Never mind your hourly rate, I would suggest you go and change your account name before you get suspended.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 82

Hi Digital,

You're using your Freelancer profile to advertise your Agency, which is a violation of Upwork Terms of Service. Please revise your Freelancer profile to reflect your personal information, skills and experience to avoid account suspension.

Please use the link I sent you in a personal message to change your Hourly rate.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS