cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my hourly rate later on?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
71 of 82

Hi All,

If you are unable to edit your profile hourly rate, most likely you are an exclusive member of an agency.

If you are an owner of that agency follow this instructions:

- switch to your agency context by clicking on the picture in the upper-right corner

- go to Settings in the same drop-down menu

- in the Company Settings click on Members and Permissions and click "Edit" under Freelancer Type

- select "Make Non-Exclusive"

After you have done that, the rate should appear on your profile and you should be able to edit it.

Alternatively, you can go to Agency Roster and change your rate from their.

If you are not an owner of the agency, talk to your agency admin about your status.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Darius K Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
72 of 82

Hello,

It would seem I have the same problem.
Could you help me?

Thanks.

*Dk

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
73 of 82

Hi Darius,

It looks like you are currently an exclusive contractor in your own agency. In this case, you need to switch to your agency account by clicking on the round picture in the upper right corner and go to Agency Roster. Check the box next to your name, select "Profile rate" and click "Apply:"

I hope this helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Darius K Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
74 of 82

Thanks so much!

Maxim B Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
75 of 82

I see that all the things that can be edited. But not the hourly rate. Hovering all around the rate doesn't bring up an edit button there. Please, let me know how to change this. Thank you

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
76 of 82

Hi Maxim,

You are currently an exclusive member of your agency, and that's why you can't change the rate on your Freelancer profile. Please choose your Agency profile and go to Settings > Members and Permissions a> click Edit under the Agency Freelancer column and change your status to a non-exclusive member. You should be able to change your rate afterwards.

Zahedi S Member Since: Sep 19, 2017
77 of 82

I am facing the same problem, Can anyone suggest me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Shuvo

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
78 of 82

Hi Shuvo,

You're an exclusive member of an Agency owned by another freelancer. You'll need to ask the agency owner or manager to change your rate or change your status to a non-exclusive member, in which case you'll be able to update the rate yourself and bid on jobs both as an agency contractor and individual freelancer.

Jack B Member Since: Oct 12, 2019
79 of 82

Context: I'm in the process of completing my freelancer profile. like the original poster on this topic, am also contemplating appropriate hourly rate.

Question : Is the hourly rate "hitched" to other elements in your profile? Say for example, I set up shop at $40 per hour. 6 months later my profile revals 90% success rate and 2k earned. Then I change to $45 per hour. Does my profile still reveal 90% positive feedback and 2k, or does it now reaveal 0% feedback and 0$ earned?.

Thanks!

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
80 of 82
No, amounts earned will always reflect what you have earned in total and on each contract and your JSS is a the best score of the last 6, 12 or 24 months.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS