Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delay a wire payment?

warmon
Vital F Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 6

Hello!

At this moment I don't have a bank account to receive payment. I must mention that I can only receive payment on my bank account and there are no other available ways.

So the question is can I start a project, finish it and receive a wire transfer payment later in 1-2 month. During this time received funds are to stay somewhere on Upwork Escrow account or smth like this.

Is it allowed and possible? Or I must start project only after I have a valid bank account.

Thank you!

Best regards, Vital

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

You can work and earn money without a valid payment withdrawal method.

You can have money in your Upwork account for 90 days before it needs to go somewhere... either to your withdrawal account or back to its source.

View solution in original post

warmon
3 of 6
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Preston H wrote:

You can work and earn money without a valid payment withdrawal method.

You can have money in your Upwork account for 90 days before it needs to go somewhere... either to your withdrawal account or back to its source.

It is 180 days, not 90.

warmon
5 of 6

It's important correction. Thank you, Petra!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Vital,

Please add a valid payment method as soon as possible in order to avoid any account issues down the road. Once you have added a payment option, you can go to your Get Paid page and set the automatic payment schedule to receive quarterly payment. That means that every 90 days your account balance will be sent to your primary payment method. This payment schedule exists because Upwork has to abide by government regulations and users can't keep their funds in their Upwork account indefinitely.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS