🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I get the feedback for my completion of p...
Page options
fe480d89
Community Member

Can I get the feedback for my completion of project from the client if the payment is not made?

Actually, I have to ask that, if I have completed the project and then if I sent it to the client and then if the payment is not made from the client then can I get the feedback for my work from the client? Or, if the client has accepted my proposal then can he give me the feedback just then? Please help me in this ASAP 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Aniket,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any active contract on your account. Could you please share the contract ID so that we can take a look for you? As shared by Petra, offering or accepting to get paid outside of Upwork is considered a serious violation of our TOS and this may lead to possible fraud as well.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
tjofi
Community Member

Hi Aniket,

Feedback can not be provided without the contract, or before the contract ends.
Even if your proposal was accepted, the client can not provide any feedback if there was no contract.

Only after the client has approved your work and your earnings are released, you can end the contract and provide/request the feedback.

Regards,
~Filip
fe480d89
Community Member

Ok, and when a client will accept the contract then can he give the feedback? I mean, he was saying to make payment using another way that is not using the Upwork payment system? So, if the client made the payment using another way then will the client be able to give feedback just by accepting the project? 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Why would a client give you feedback if you haven't done any work? Feedback  manipulation is a cause for having your profile suspended or banned. 

Actually, I have completed his project (work) and also I am going to send it to him but he is saying that he will make a payment using another way that is not using the Upwork payment system? so, if he did like this then can he give me the feedback after completion of a project? 

petra_r
Community Member

Aniket K wrote:

Actually, I have completed his project (work) and also I am going to send it to him  

But the client did not hire you? Why are you doing any work for him? I hope you are not communicating with that client outside of Upwork, because that would be a violation of Upwork's terms of service...

Aniket K wrote:

he is saying that he will make a payment using another way that is not using the Upwork payment system?  

That is yet another violation of Upwork's terms of service. Are you trying to get yourself banned? You must never accept any payment outside the platform, that will get you kicked off Upwork! You are also not allowed to communicate outside Upwork unless and until you've been officially hired.

Aniket K wrote:

so, if he did like this then can he give me the feedback after completion of a project? 

No, of course not, and frankly that's the least of your worries. Stop communicating with that client and then familiarise yourself with the rules before you get scammed or suspended, or both. 

fe480d89
Community Member

Ok mam, thank you so much for your help

fe480d89
Community Member

Actually mam, the client has hired me and I have also completed the project but he is making the payment from outside that is not using the Upwork payment method, so I had this question that, if he did payment using some other method from outside then If I just sent him the work then can he write the feedback for my work? 

Hi Aniket,

Thank you for your message. I do not see any active contract on your account. Could you please share the contract ID so that we can take a look for you? As shared by Petra, offering or accepting to get paid outside of Upwork is considered a serious violation of our TOS and this may lead to possible fraud as well.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Ok sir, thank you so much for your help 

That's really simple. When you are found out to be accepting or suggesting payment outside of upwork, your "client" will not be able to leave feedback, because your profile will be suspended. Nobody will ever be able to leave feedback again. 

It's almost funny how your focus is on feedback, but you don't realize that feedback is not the issue when you don't have a profile. 

Yeah he can do it on reddit, which will be your go-to platform to complain about upwork once you are suspended, too. 

petra_r
Community Member

Aniket K wrote:

Actually mam, the client has hired me  

Bo, he hasn't.

Aniket K wrote:

if he did payment using some other method from outside then If I just sent him the work then can he write the feedback for my work? 

Which part of "you must not accept payment outside of Upwork or you will be banned" are you having such enormous trouble understanding?

And no, of course the client can't leave feedback in this case because:

1) You aren't hired at all

2) Nothing paid and no contract: No feedback

3) You and the client will be kicked off the platform for violating Upwork's terms of service if you accept payment outside of Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths