🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I have 2 different contracts with same cl...
Page options
0d4ed13e
Community Member

Can I have 2 different contracts with same client??

Hi everyone! I have a client for a VA and copywriting job.

She said that she needs articles and will pay me $20 for 500 words.

She also needs an hourly contract for Admin tasks.

Can I have a fixed contract for the articles and an hourly contract at the same client?

Thank you so much!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Samera H wrote:

Can I have a fixed contract for the articles and an hourly contract at the same client?

Thank you so much!

You can, but I would be careful. Having more than one contract open with any one given client hands that one client a lot of power over your profile, especially when that profile is as new as yours.

In the unlikely event of the client and you falling out with each other, 2 sets of poor feedback would certainly drop you below that all important 90% line.

I'd stay with the hourly contract and have the client pay you for the articles as a bonus.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sbilu131521
Community Member

Sure you can. Tell the client to set two different contracts, one hourly and one fixed price. It is something the client will do.

petra_r
Community Member

Samera H wrote:

Thank you so much!

You can, but I would be careful. Having more than one contract open with any one given client hands that one client a lot of power over your profile, especially when that profile is as new as yours.

In the unlikely event of the client and you falling out with each other, 2 sets of poor feedback would certainly drop you below that all important 90% line.

I'd stay with the hourly contract and have the client pay you for the articles as a bonus.

0d4ed13e
Community Member

Great idea. Thank you so much, Ms. Petra

b9eda954
Community Member

hello maam ill try
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths