Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have two freelance profiles?

Highlighted
Diana F Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
1 of 30

Hi, 

I would like to know if I can set up two freelance profiles. I have more than one skill to offer and would like to set them up in different profiles? Is this possible? 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 30

@Diana F wrote:

Hi, 

I would like to know if I can set up two freelance profiles. I have more than one skill to offer and would like to set them up in different profiles? Is this possible? 

Nope. You can get permanently suspended. Maintain only one profile with one focus.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
3 of 30

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't make much sense to me that we cannot do this but ok. I will rethink my profile. 

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 30

Diana, are you a native English speaker?

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
5 of 30

Yes I am. 

Becky T Member Since: Aug 24, 2018
6 of 30

@Rene K

What was the purpose of your question?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 30

Hi Diana,

I'll confirm that users can have only account and one freelancer profile.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 30

Vladimir, I presume the reason for disallowing multiple profiles is that it would be a simple way to get more connects. However, what if the total number of connects remains the same, ie. 60 or 70 for plus membership, to be shared between 2 or more profiles? It would no doubt complicate record keeping, so what if each additional profile required a monthly maintenance fee? There *are* people who are talented in more than one area, so how does it benefit Upwork to force them to choose one specialization? What's good for the majority isn't necessarily the best for everyone.

9 of 30

John I totally agree with you. It makes no sense to limit users to one profile as most people can perform in more than one area and should be able to market themselves as such. Connects should be given per account and not per profile or as you suggested freelancers should be charged for more than a certain number of connects or profiles.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 30

@John K wrote:

There *are* people who are talented in more than one area, so how does it benefit Upwork to force them to choose one specialization?

Nobody is being forced to choose one - you can offer two very different skill sets on one profile...

Personally I would love it if I could have two tabs under one account, the main part being one, but tabs to switch overview, portfolio, possibly feedback.... but in general, especially for newbies, concentrating on one core skill is actually a more profitable way of going about it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS