🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I hire another freelancer from my own fre...
Page options
d41cd9f5
Community Member

Can I hire another freelancer from my own freelancer account?

Hello; 

I am an active freelancer on Upwork but now I have a few personal works for which I want to hire freelancers.

Is there any way via which I can hire directly from my personal freelancer account directly without making a separate client account.

Also, can I use the balance available in my Upwork account to hire a freelancer?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anurag,

You need to have a client account in order to post a job and hire a freelancer for your Job. You can be a Client and a Freelancer using the same account. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. To create a Client account on your existing account, please follow up instructions in this help article.

You can also check this help article for more information on how to post a job and these helpful resources to give you an idea about how to get started as a client. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1068a689
Community Member

I am a freelancer here in Upwork as a video editor and I have a lot of work. I have created a client account and I want to hire other freelancers to edit my clients’ videos. Is this possible?

petra_r
Community Member

Anurag U wrote:

Also, can I use the balance available in my Upwork account to hire a freelancer?

No, you need a proper credit card or a card backed PayPal account. Prepaid cards or virtual cards etc will not work.

d41cd9f5
Community Member

What about the balance in my Freelancer account?

Can't I use that to hire another freelancer?

petra_r
Community Member

Anurag U wrote:

Can't I use that to hire another freelancer?

No, you can't.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths