🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I hire myself from my client account
Page options
biswas-avishek
Community Member

Can I hire myself from my client account

I've a question about this. Can I hire myself from my own client account. I know this is illegal and violent the terms-condition of Upwork. But be honestly this is my random question 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Well done... Expect your account to now remain on a "Watch-for-Fraud" list forever.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
shazil-khan
Community Member

No , its not possible even technically

Shazil K wrote:

No , its not possible even technically

It actually is.

And then it doesn't take long at all until the account is permanently suspended.

petra_r
Community Member

Well done... Expect your account to now remain on a "Watch-for-Fraud" list forever.

Thank you for your valuable response. I got this question on "Quora" but I was not sure that's why I posted on here

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Avishekh B wrote:

Can I hire myself from my own client account. I know this is illegal and violent the terms-condition of Upwork.

So why are you asking? 

I'm sorry for this kind of question but I've a client account and today when I entered my client account then I found my own Freelancer profile. Also today I found that type post on "Quora". I don't know how my freelancer profile showed up on the client account. This is why I have posted here to be clear

You found your freelancer profile today? How did you do 7 jobs without realising you are a freelancer? You are not explaining very well what's going on here. 

Christine A wrote:

Avishekh B wrote:

Can I hire myself from my own client account. I know this is illegal and violent the terms-condition of Upwork.

So why are you asking? 

Seems to be the kind of guy who calls the police asking if it's ok to rob banks. 

No, basically I don't mean by found my freelancer profile. I know how to use Freelancer profile on Upwork very well. But as a client I'm new. Hope you will understand. Sorry, I was confused and this is the main reason that I posted on here. 

There is nothing confusing about having a freelancer and a client profile at the same time. You need to have a job done that you don't have the expertise for, that's completely understandable. To make the leap to self-hiring is not a question that would logically ever come up in legit circumstances.

I understand now and thank you so much for your valuable reply and I'm really very sorry about that kind of topics/post🙏🙏.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members