cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install the upwork tracker on 2 different computers?

magicservices
Ace Contributor
Loieto T Member Since: Oct 3, 2016
1 of 15

Greetings,

Wishing that you and your family are  doing fine.

I want to assign a specific computer per client. 

I have 2 active contracts  and I want to use different computers on each contract. However, I won't run the tracker simultaneously. 

The one computer is in my bed room so I want to relax, I will just go there and work on the easier contract.  The other contract is web development and coding. 

Is this okay? Will my account get banned? 

Thanks,

Louie

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 15

Yeah, don't worry about it. There's no limit to the number of computers you can use.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
3 of 15

I regularly use 3 computers.

And you don't need to use different computers for different contracts. You can use all your computers for all your contracts.

Just don't log time using the time-tracking software on more than one computer at the same time.

magicservices
Ace Contributor
Loieto T Member Since: Oct 3, 2016
4 of 15

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

But just in case, I want to use a different computer for a specific contract, still I wold be fine as long as I won't run the tracker simulateneously, correct? 

Again, I really appreciate your reply. 

More power in everything you do. 

Cheers,

Louie

prestonhunter
Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
5 of 15

Yeah, it's totally fine. I've often done the same.

View solution in original post

micrey
Michael Rey B Member Since: Oct 3, 2016
6 of 15

DOes time tracker stops when your away from your computer? I noticed there are blanks between working hours on my time card. I only turn off tracker after shift.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 15

@Michael Rey B wrote:

DOes time tracker stops when your away from your computer? I noticed there are blanks between working hours on my time card. I only turn off tracker after shift.

The tracker only counts time segments with keyboard or mouse click activity, so if you leave your computer, it does not track activity because there isn't any....

prestonhunter
Community Guru
8 of 15

Michael Rey:

It is not appropriate to leave the time tracker running while you're away for a significant of time.

It's not a time clock.

It is not a time card.

It is not meant to mark your "shift" at work.

it is used to track the time you are actually working on a specific contract.

If you get up to get a drink of water or something, fine, leave it running.

But you can't start the time-tracker at 9:00 a.m., leave it running when you go walk the dog and when you go to lunch, and then turn it off at 5:00 p.m. That's not how it works.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
9 of 15

Michael Rey,

To amplify the earlier responses:

The tracker can only register 10-minute segments. It is in your interest to turn it on exactly when you begin active work and off when you cease to be active on the computer, and to always time your turning off to when the tracker has recorded a multiple of 10 minutes working. Otherwise, you end up shorting your working time.

Best,
Michael

maruf2016
Maruf H Member Since: May 13, 2017
10 of 15

Hi,
Can I use my own computer time tracker with other computers by using Anydesk while I am outside?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS