🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I invite my local clients to UpWork t...
Page options
ea750136
Community Member

Can I invite my local clients to UpWork to improve my rating?

I researched about Upwork, it seems a serious freelancing platform and hard to get hired and selected for projects in the beginning.

I want to know if I can invite my local clients, so I can improve my rating here.
May I be banned for inviting local clients to gain better ratings on Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Will,  

I'd like to note that while anybody can share a link to their profile with a client if they'd prefer to be hired and manage their contract on Upwork, the program you're referring to is only available to Top Rated freelancers. More information here.

Orzumurod,
As I mentioned above, if a freelancer would like to use Upwork to manage their contracts and payments with a client who isn’t yet registered on Upwork, they can certainly do it. That said, attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the feedback system and/or offering services for the sole purpose of obtaining positive feedback of any kind is against Upwork TOS. For more information about that, please refer here

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nyonomega0
Community Member

wlyonsatl
Community Member

There's nothing wrong with you bringing new customers, even your current clients, to Upwork.

In fact, Upwork encourages it. The last time I did it, I sent an email to BringYourClient@upwork.com for details.

Will,  

I'd like to note that while anybody can share a link to their profile with a client if they'd prefer to be hired and manage their contract on Upwork, the program you're referring to is only available to Top Rated freelancers. More information here.

Orzumurod,
As I mentioned above, if a freelancer would like to use Upwork to manage their contracts and payments with a client who isn’t yet registered on Upwork, they can certainly do it. That said, attempting to or actually manipulating or misusing the feedback system and/or offering services for the sole purpose of obtaining positive feedback of any kind is against Upwork TOS. For more information about that, please refer here

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for the clarification on that, Valeria.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths