🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I make changes in released milestone?
Page options
kristina1993
Community Member

Can I make changes in released milestone?

Hello, I made a request for milestone release, but didn't insert the work in Word, but client released the funds.

Now, he's asking for me to edit the milestone and add the work, but I'm unable to find an option to do this, probably because the funds have been released.

I sent the work in our messages, but he's insisting on adding them in the milestone request. Is there any way I can make this?

Thank you in advance,

Kristina

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kristina V wrote:

I sent the work in our messages, but he's insisting on adding them in the milestone request. Is there any way I can make this?

No.

And that really is silly, what difference does it make to the client? He has the document and you are paid... Once the client releases the funds, that milestone is over and done with.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Kristina V wrote:

No.

And that really is silly, what difference does it make to the client? He has the document and you are paid... Once the client releases the funds, that milestone is over and done with.

Thank you for your quick reply Petra, not really sure about the difference it makes to the client. I sent him over the work in our messages once I realized I made the mistake. He's claiming because of copyright related things and so on..

Kind regards

Kristina V wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply Petra, not really sure about the difference it makes to the client. I sent him over the work in our messages once I realized I made the mistake. He's claiming because of copyright related things and so on..

It makes no difference to "copyright related things" how they got the work. Unless you agreed otherwise, the client owns all rights once the work is paid, whether the work was sent viy the milestone, messages, carrier pigeon.....

Ultimately, because the client has released the funds, you can't resubmit through the milestone (you could have done prior to the funds having been released)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths