cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make two accounts?

Muhammad Yasir N Member Since: Sep 2, 2015
11 of 49

what if your account has been blocked or expired for policy violation . can a person start over with a new account?

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
12 of 49

"what if your account has been blocked or expired for policy violation . can a person start over with a new account?"

Duh. No. Closing your account for policy violations is a not very subtle way of saying "We don't want you working here."

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Jenelyn C Member Since: Dec 21, 2015
13 of 49

Hello Valeria,

Thanks. It's an early caution for me. I am getting a bit frustrated after many attempts of changing my bank details that I thought of creating another upwork account. With this, I got informed that it's against policy.  I want to get paid through LFT. I tried to change it in settings (as instructed from help center and searched blogs) but then, it won't allow me. Upon clicking settings, it directs me to key in my username and password, (which I believe I filled in correctly). But, it keeps going back to password request. I then, reset my password. But, same cycle happened when I keyed in my new password. Please see screenshots on the attached file. If you could help sort this out, would greatly appreciate. Thanks! :-)

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
14 of 49

Hi Jenelyn,

I've checked and see the Local Funds Transfer set up process is working on your account as expected. Can you please try entering your bank account details once again by following instructions from this Help article? Let me know if you run into the same problem again, and please capture and send me the screenshots via personal messages.

Just to confirm, you're trying to add a bank account with the same name as the one on your Upwork profile?

I removed the attached files because they contained your full name and email.

Ivory Ann V Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
15 of 49

Hi Jenelyn,

Actually everytime you go to settings it will not ask you for your password, but it will ask you to type in your answer for the security question you chose when you created you account.

Try to do it again.

Cristine B Member Since: Jan 30, 2016
16 of 49

Hello, 

I want to use Upwork for two types of work, curriculum writing and arranging music. It feels awkward and not effective to advertise both services on the same profile. What do you suggest?

Cristine

Masha K Member Since: May 9, 2017
17 of 49

Hello!

I am sorry to bother you but what if I am able, qualified and more than willing to provide services in three of the domains avaliable for one-point-selection  (I do design, writing and translations). How do I manage that without creating several accounts with different professional profiles?

The interface does not allow that.

Thank you!

Ace Contributor
Melissa R Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
18 of 49
I’m confused about these people who have multiple profiles. Does that mean that they have multiple accounts?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c3d2eddfbf1b37ea?s=1044578476142100505

https://www.upwork.com/fl/deandradeamanda
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
19 of 49

Melissa R wrote:
I’m confused about these people who have multiple profiles. Does that mean that they have multiple accounts?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c3d2eddfbf1b37ea?s=1044578476142100505

https://www.upwork.com/fl/deandradeamanda

They're not multiple profiles, but rather one profile listing more than one skill set. It's a new feature (not yet available in every category). Somewhere in Announcements there's a thread - search "specialized profiles".

Multiple accounts are not allowed.

Ace Contributor
Melissa R Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
20 of 49
Thank you Virginia. I’ll check out the thread in announcements about the new specialized profiles feature.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS