Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make two accounts?

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
31 of 49

An unofficial repy based on what I've heard on the forums:

"can i make an account for my girlfriend?"

No - you can show her how to set up her own. the more you keep things totally separate the better.

"we live together, so we have same ip adress"

Sharing an IP address is not a problem as long as you keep the two separate accounts and all work on them totally separate and always be careful to log in as the correct person . It would probably be useful to notify customer support of the shared address when you're setting up the account.

"if we marry in future she will change her surname. does it cause any problems with her Odesk account?"

I think a user can change their name once without a problem.

**Unofficial advice just to be helpful - but I am open to being corrected by official oDesk people**

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
32 of 49
re: "can i make an account for my girlfriend?"

Stephen offered great advice. You need to understand that oDesk actively looks for accounts that seem to be operated by the same person, and oDesk actively suspends people they think are operating multiple accounts.

Don't do anything close to that, or you could face all kinds of problems.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
33 of 49

re: "what if your account has been blocked or expired for policy violation . can a person start over with a new account?"

Muhammad Yasir:

You are a smart person and you already know that this does not make sense.

You are not allowed to create multiple accounts on Upwork.

Upwork actively looks at all accounts and if it matches a new account to an existing account, it will terminate the new account and possibly the original account as well.

Besides, you have over 1000 hours on your original account, with a long job history.

You would better off to work through customer support and do what they ask to get your account unblocked or reinstated. I can see your profile now, so clearly Upwork is not blocking it completely. It is very possible that the nature of the block is a suspension and not a permanent termination, which means you can have your account restored to full ststus.

Julian S Member Since: Jan 4, 2018
34 of 49

Hi Valeria,

I noticed that it is against oDesk policy to create two accounts but I'm curious if the reason may justify the action?

Example: If a person who is a Musician but is also a Graphic Designer would like to tailor one account with their musical abilities and create another account to show their graphic design experience, is that violating oDesk policy?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 49

Hi Julian,

Yes, that will be a violation of Upwork ToS as well. There is currently no option for freelancers to have two different profiles for different skills at the moment, although we do have something in the works that may may make it possible in the future. Also, freelancers can add up to 10 different skills to one profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ivaylo P Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
36 of 49

Hi,

My issues is a bit different. I want to have my main company account which is managed by myself but I want another person to have access to the same account with limited access in particular the fianncial information. This is because it is a company account and I do not want everybody to have the ability to make payments through the account.

Thank you for the help.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
37 of 49

Hi Ivaylo,

You can add a client-company or an agency to your existing account and add members to them. Then you can assign certain roles and give permissions to some members of your team in Settings> Members and Permissions. 

Here are a couple of articles about that:

Manage an Agency

Add or Remove Client Team Members

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Atikur R Member Since: Jun 25, 2017
38 of 49

Dear madame! I cordially request you to ensure me that two accounts from two ip addresses with one person, is it possible or not??? Please reply me.

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
39 of 49

@Atikur R wrote:

Dear madame! I cordially request you to ensure me that two accounts from two ip addresses with one person, is it possible or not??? Please reply me.

One account per person, that's it. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Moona H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
40 of 49

So apparantly I have 2 updesk accounts, what do i do? I want to delete the old one which is https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01279d7bb8db34db37/

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS