cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make two accounts?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
41 of 49

Hi Moona,

I'll ask someone from the team to check and follow up with you directly regarding your two accounts.

Ace Contributor
Sultan z Member Since: May 22, 2016
42 of 49

Is there a way to login into two diffrent account from one IP?

Sultan
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
43 of 49

what on earth is going on here? Did it ring midnight somewhere over there and it's official defaud Upwork day?

Ace Contributor
44 of 49

When ever I post here you always reply in rude manner, I am just wonder how you get 350 likes.

Sultan
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 49

Hi Sultan,

Two different users can log into their respective Upwork accounts using the same IP address. However, it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS to share accounts or log into another person's account. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
46 of 49

Thanks Valeria!

Sultan
Jesus P Member Since: Dec 27, 2016
47 of 49

I have a diverse set of skills, I am a translator but i can also use R programming and perform data analysis. I know that it is not recommendable to hire a freelancer that says he can do "anything". If I cannot have two accounts with my own name, is there anything else I could do?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
48 of 49

In the beginning, it's better to focus on one thing. I have gotten a couple SEO gigs and the customer brought up that I'm mainly a writer. Your history will affect things.

It's possible to shift focuses. Personally, if I were you I'd focus on data analysis if you are any good. Everyone here says they are an expart but if you really are decent at it, it's what I would go for. Translation is like writing on here. Everyone is all passionate and stuff and stuff and I bet harder to stand out.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
49 of 49

re: "If I cannot have two accounts with my own name, is there anything else I could do?"

You can not have two accounts.

But Upwork places no limits on how often or how radically you change your profile page.

If you really think you need to pursue two different skill sets... you can maintain a page which highlights both skill sets.

Or you can keep a copy of two different overview texts, and two different skill lists. And you can switch them depending on what jobs you're applying for.

Most people wouldn't do this, but there's no rule against it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS