🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I message to a client whose job is closed...
Page options
maqsood12345
Community Member

Can I message to a client whose job is closed now?

Hey everybody,

I submitted a proposal for a job on Upwork. The client sent me a message on the same night and asked me for the details and samples. As a result, Job was moved to the Active interviews category.

Now I see that the Job is closed, and there are no jobs in the Active interviews category.

Can I still send a message to that client after the job is closed? I see the option to send the message but will he receive that message? I repeat the job is closed!

I will really appreciate your response! Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
aliharvey
Community Member

If you are given the option to send a message, then yes, they will receive it. 

Important note regarding "samples". It is against upwork policy to provide free work samples. Either charge a fee for custom samples or refer them to the previous projects listed on your portfolio. 

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

You can most certainly send a message to the client, but it is unlikely they will respond, let alone offer a job! 

It is very common that clients have a friendly discussion and new freelancers often conclude they will get the job, only to never hear from the client ever again! I have had clients who assured me they would hire immediately after the zoom call, and they disappeared! 

I've also had clients respond to my proposals after 3-4 months...

At the client's end, the most likely scenario is the project is dropped, they found someone on another platform, they were researching to get an idea of talent available. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members