cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I modify add more info to a cover letter?

presentardoc
Cristiano P Member Since: Mar 11, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,

I applied for a job, and in the cover letter I promised I would add more information the next day.

Today is the next day, and I cannot find any options to add the promised information to the cover letter.

The customer did not contact me by message, yet, so I have no clue how to provide them with the additional information..

It is a relevant piece information, that I believe differentiates my offers from others.

I thought I could append text to an offer aftger submitting it (many other freelancers' site allow that), so I am not sure how to do it in upwork.

Is it possible? How?

I saw an option to propose new terms,but it seems to allow me only to modify the price.

Alternatively, I may dare to withdraw my proposal, and submit it again, but I an afraid that upwork would not let me apply for the same job.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot!

Cristiano.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 4

You can't edit a proposal that you have sent. The only way round this is to withdraw your proposal and start again. Not a very good idea.

It would be better to include all the information in your proposal.  Don't forget that there are many others bidding on the same job, so a client at this stage, may not be interested in promises of further information.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Cristiano P wrote:

Is it possible? How?

Alternatively, I may dare to withdraw my proposal, and submit it again, but I an afraid that upwork would not let me apply for the same job.

It will, you just lose your connects.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 4

Just wondering how your profile was approved to submit proposals without a profile pic.  Better get one up soon. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS