🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I opt out from local jobs?
Page options
dmoreno28uw
Community Member

Can I opt out from local jobs?

So apparently since I live in West Texas, upwork has decided that jobs in Dallas, Houston and Austin are are great fit for me even though these are very far from me. At this point jobs in Phoenix and Cali are more relevant. Anyway, these are cluttering my job feed and making it very difficult to navigate the avaliable jobs to me. Is there a way to opt out of these?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

While currently there isn't an option to filter out Local Jobs, our product team is working on providing more features that would allow freelancers to filter jobs in their Job Feeds better.

I'll share your feedback and experience with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

While currently there isn't an option to filter out Local Jobs, our product team is working on providing more features that would allow freelancers to filter jobs in their Job Feeds better.

I'll share your feedback and experience with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jamesseligman
Community Member

At least you're getting them in your state where you live. I live near Seattle (14 miles south) and I get San Fransicico listed as a local job.  

Hi James!

Same here, I live south of Seattle, WA and all of the San Francisco, CA jobs show up first in my feed every day as "local". I have scroll past these every time I log on.

CA is 2 states away from WA.  It's so annoying.

As another Seattle area resident, I routinely get San Jose jobs. That's almost 900 miles away. Certainly though local on a galactic level....

tlsanders
Community Member

Job feeds are location based?

I've never noticed this and it seems odd, given that the whole point of the site is remote work. 

madison-russell
Community Member

It drives me absolutely nuts that local jobs keep getting recommended to me. I live in Rochester, NY, more than 5 hours away from NYC, but almost every job in my feed is a local job in NYC. I wouldn't have come to Upwork if I wanted a local job anyway.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Our engineers are currently investigating why jobs that are pretty far from your locations are shown as local. This doesn’t seem to work as expected and we’ll make sure it’s fixed as soon as possible.

Our team will come back here once this has been sorted out. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths