🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I or client can increase the fixed contra...
Page options
khansajib26
Community Member

Can I or client can increase the fixed contract time ??

Client hsoting server isn't ready yet,it will take some more time.. That's why need to increase the time ..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Sajib,

If the milestone has already been funded, your Client won't be able to edit the due date. However, that date will not have any effect on your contract or profile. It's solely there for your reference and if you and your Client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be alright.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Sajib,

To answer your question, yes, the client can change the due date if it's unfunded:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/How-do-I-extend-the-due-date-for-my-Freelancer/td-p/112753

Also, just a quick word of advice as I see that you're a front-end developer, I suggest that you get accustomed to developing in a local dev environment as well as setting up your own live environment (a shared server is just fine) where you can show progress if needed. I maintain a separate server for that in addition to my local environments, so I can show clients how the front-end is looking. Then, later, just deploy on the client's server.

Best regards,

Jody PM

ETA:The 'unfunded' part that Bojan pointed out below.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  Sajib,

If the milestone has already been funded, your Client won't be able to edit the due date. However, that date will not have any effect on your contract or profile. It's solely there for your reference and if you and your Client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be alright.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members