🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I post a job as a freelancer?
Page options
noor_upwork
Community Member

Can I post a job as a freelancer?

Can I post a job as a freelancer? because I am a self freelancer and I have lots of work. So, I am thinking that Can I post work as client too ?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noor,

Yes, you can post jobs and hire freelancers simply by opening a client profile under your current account. To do this go to Settings > Contact Info > Create a new account.
However, please keep in mind that outsourcing is not allowed. If you would like to work as a team or represent a company you will need to open an agency profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, 
But did not understand that you are saying... "However, please keep in mind that outsourcing is not allowed." After hire a person it's called "outsourcing". 

Upwork blocked my one account 8 month ago. that time I only posted a Job. so i'm worried.

Hi Noor,

Please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about your account so that I can advise you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
What does exactly means by "outsourcing is not allowed"? does that mean you cannot repost a job which you got from upwork or does it mean you cannot post a job which you get from anywhere? means friedns, relatives or any other source ? what are the rules for freelancers to post a job (through their client account ofcourse )?

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This means you cannot hire people to do jobs that you applied for as a freelancer. We suggest that you review Upwork ToS to keep your account safe.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie,
So, that means we can post our personal projects or projects we get from our family, friends and others outside of upwork? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths