🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I post a job post and have it directly se...
Page options
arianmarie
Community Member

Can I post a job post and have it directly sent to a freelancer?

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I am planning to hire a friend who's also a freelancer here in Upwork to do some content creation for me.

Just to clarify, it's for me personally and not me outsourcing a client's task to another. The content will be used by me for my own Instagram account.

I just wonder if there's a way for me to create the job post and send it to my friend directly, or can I search his name if I want to invite him for the job?

To add, this friend is also under my agency but not exclusive. He's new, no clients yet, and really eager to gain experience, and as a real-life friend of his I feel like in my own small way, maybe I can help him get his footing here.

Please advise if doing this will violate any Upwork policies. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
roberty1y
Community Member

Arian Marie G wrote:

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I am planning to hire a friend who's also a freelancer here in Upwork to do some content creation for me.

Just to clarify, it's for me personally and not me outsourcing a client's task to another. The content will be used by me for my own Instagram account.

I just wonder if there's a way for me to create the job post and send it to my friend directly, or can I search his name if I want to invite him for the job?

To add, this friend is also under my agency but not exclusive. He's new, no clients yet, and really eager to gain experience, and as a real-life friend of his I feel like in my own small way, maybe I can help him get his footing here.

Please advise if doing this will violate any Upwork policies. Thank you!

Yes, this would violate Upwork's terms of service, because it counts as feedback manipulation. Nobody is going to give objective feedback to someone who is their friend, and it's just as easy to hire them outside of Upwork, so it can be assumed that the purpose of hiring them here is to give them positive feedback.

Hello Robert, thanks for the response.

Thank you for the explanation!

I understand how this comes of as an attempt at manipulation, but it really isn't. I am firm with him that I will not give feedback for the very reasons you stated. The reason why I want to hire him through Upwork is he wants to experience how to be a freelancer here, and improve his portfolio and skillset. I told him I can hire him directly but he is adamant at being hired via Upwork for paper trails.

But yep, this answered my question. Thank you!

You are helping your friend by NOT HIRING him through Upwork.

You could both get suspended for doing something like that.

Yep, I figured that is the best way.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members