cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I post my referral link to another freelance platform at my Upwork profile website or not?

oriander
Active

Can I post my referral link to another freelance platform at my Upwork profile website or not? Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
tamer33
Ace Contributor

Maybe it would be better to use a software to take a full page screenshot, and add it as a portfolio item in that other platform.

that is in case its not allowed, i am not sure though.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaroslav,

No, you are not allowed to post such links on your Upwork profile. Note that if your proposals are accepted, you are required by our ToS to create a contract on Upwork and receive payment only through the platform.

Please upload a new profile photo which clearly shows your face and no more than your head and shoulders. 

Untitled

Ok, I understand, but I am talking about my own portfolio website **Edited for Community Guidelines**, wich now is under construction, not about Upwork portfolio. What wrong with my photo? It is my strategy. I like my photo, I am also will do youtube video, where others can watch my face and home-based studio in 1080p resolution. Can I be banned due to my avatar, Upwork portfolio website and Upwork youtube portfolio channel? Thank you.

I would suggest that you have a look at this, it may provide you some useful tips:

A Freelancer’s Guide to Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Thank you alot for the link, but I need some short competent unswers for my questions here.

@Yaroslav G wrote:

Thank you alot for the link, but I need some short competent unswers for my questions here.

lol 

re: "Can I be banned due to my avatar, Upwork portfolio website and Upwork youtube portfolio channel?"

Yes, yes, and yes.

Upwork's website. Upwork's rules.

"Yes, yes, and yes.", - but what wrong with my photo, Upwork portfolio website and Upwork Youtube channel, If I have not there any links to another services and have not any contact forms? I have just Upwork profile link and link to my Upwork Youtube portfolio chanel, which is allowed as I know.

I think the YouTube channel runs a fine line because you can be contacted through the comments.  Your profile pic has to be up close and personal.  Head and shoulders.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

"I think the YouTube channel runs a fine line because you can be contacted through the comments", -

I am not interested in any machination on Upwork, I understand that real success on Upwork rise from summary of worked hours and money, this topic it is just a question. Youtube comments and PM will be closed.

Dialog with Upwork support:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, whats wrong?

I am asking this question here, because I and some other people have some problem with posting questions to support: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Why-can-t-I-access-live-chat-or-submit-a-ticket-any-more...

Yes you can post a video to the video section of your profile.  You just can't add links in your profile that would lead to outside sources with contact info.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

"Yes you can post a video to the video section of your profile.  You just can't add links in your profile that would lead to outside sources with contact info.", - Youtube has a link to Youtube channel in his video player. In this case I can not see any problem to post a link in Upwork portfolio AJAXplace/page(with pagination) to another video of this Youtube channel (or some link to my own Upwork portfolio website page), where will be no any links and outside sources with contact info.

What if an Upwork profile reviewer makes a mistake? They're not perfect.

Error on the side of caution.

And your photo IS outside of Upwork specs, and you already know that.

You need to understand that most successful visual artist contractors have a portfolio on their Upwork profile page. If you don't put your pieces there, you are at a competitive disadvantage.

"What if an Upwork profile reviewer makes a mistake? They're not perfect.", - what mistake?

"Error on the side of caution."? - what error?

"You need to understand that most successful visual artist contractors have a portfolio on their Upwork profile page. If you don't put your pieces there, you are at a competitive disadvantage.", - I will add my portfolio projects into my Upwork profile page too. So, whats a problem? And on my Upwork portfolio website there will be comfortable AJAX UI and Youtube OBS video reviews of my past projects with my webcam and screen.

I have no problem whatsoever with your links. I think they are a good idea.

But if the question you ask is whether they might lead to your page being temporarily blocked, the answer is yes, possibly. An Upwork reviewer MIGHT audit your page and mistakenly suspend it temporarily and ask you to remove links.

This probably won't happen. So don't worry about it. If it happens, you'll just be asked to remove links. There's not a severe penalty for this.

Thank you alot, now I understand.

oriander
Active

By the way, text link (without http prefix) to my Upwork portfolio website (on the first page of this topic) was replaced to "**Edited for Community Guidelines**". So, in this case, maybe, if I will publish my Upwork portfolio website link in my Upwork portfolio resume text and portfolio projects descriptions, then it will be changed or deleted too?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS