cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I really see Competitors bids in Membership Plan?

skribait

Hello,

I've newly started freelancing on up work. As being a newcomer it's so much hard to find a suitable job nowadays. Because every client either goes to the freelancers who has a bunch of up work hours and ratings or goes to the lowest bidder freelancer.

As a result, we newcomers stuck in a very awkward position. We try to bid to get suitable jobs but most often not even being called in the interview just because we don't have a bunch of up work hours or not being the lowest bidder. And then we don't get jobs though we are qualified enough to do the job, as an experienced up work hour holder freelancer can do. Everyone wants previous experience but they forgot they also were a starter once.

So not much to say as it's the system nowadays. It can't be changed I know have to work hard. And that's why I want to know if I can see the competitor bidders in the membership plan so that I can get an idea how much possibilities I have to get the job. Because If I can calculate that then I can save a lot of connects instead of wasting them blindly.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
versailles
Community Guru

@Saidul Amin N wrote:

Because every client either goes (...) to the lowest bidder freelancer.

There are tons of unsuccessful freelancers on this platform who, just like you, have the market completely wrong.

There are two markets on Upwork. The lower market, where people with little or no marketable skills fight for the lower prices possible. They underbid each other with the hope of ending up with some crumbs. They desperately need to see the bids of other providers because they depend on it.

Clients in this market either don't care about quality, don't have the budget for anything else or more generally, don't understand that you cannot get quality for pennies.

And there is the higher market, where clients and providers are picky. The first ones seek quality and are ready to pay for it, the latter ones are confident because they know that they provide high-value. They don't have the premium plan which allows you to see the bids. Because they don't need it. Why would they?

The higher market is tough. It's for professionals.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

New freelancers are not unsuccessful right.? Because they just started and didn't get a chance to prove themselves. I know to get success have to work hard. So that's why I am trying my best and would be trying until I can.

I don't want to be successful as the first type of freelancer. I want to be the second one but it's so much tough to compete on the second part. 

You definitely will not hire a newly confident freelancer instead of a highly experienced professional freelancer right?

So, in that case, I asked to know if it's possible to know the competitors though I am confident enough about my ability.

@Saidul Amin N wrote:

You definitely will not hire a newly confident freelancer instead of a highly experienced professional freelancer right?

I did. And I was very happy with the outcome.

Upwork clients hire new freelancers, otherwise there would be no freelancer on Upwork with solid cred.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

It feels great to hear and increased my confidence more. Thanks anyway I know It's quite hard to get success as a starter but sometimes a little frustration comes and It needs to be overcome

It would be great if you give some advice to the newcomer like us regarding success. It would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

dreamseller
Community Guru

Nobin, 

You need to re-write your profile overview first, clients doesn't need to know where you're from as it is already in your profile along with your name. 

Everyone on this platform started as a newbie, if something not working probably it is your proposals. 

You can gain some insight of freelancing by reading a blog called 'FreelanceToWin' (my personal favourite). 

Good luck!  

Delwar H,

Thanx a lot for your valuable advises. From now I'll keep these in my mind.

Saidul,

In answer to your original question, if you become a plus member you will not be able to see who has bid on a job or what they have bid individually. You will only see the lowest and highest bids and the average taken from that.

@Nichola L wrote:

Saidul,

In answer to your original question, if you become a plus member you will not be able to see who has bid on a job or what they have bid individually. You will only see the lowest and highest bids and the average taken from that.

Thanks a lot for the information :). It's not much worth then.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS