🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I replay recordings of my video and voice...
Page options
d39b193c
Community Member

Can I replay recordings of my video and voice calls made on Upwork?

It would be very help for reviewing notes and details.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Seon,

I would like to confirm that Voice and Video messages are not recorded. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Seon,

I would like to confirm that Voice and Video messages are not recorded. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That's unexpected. Thanks.

I realize it's a large effort to implement call recording, but want to register my opinion that it would be extremely helpful if you did.

Keith B wrote:

I realize it's a large effort to implement call recording, but want to register my opinion that it would be extremely helpful if you did.

I don't think so. It involves legal minefields of consent and absolutely staggering amounts of needed storage. It's not something I would welcome Upwork spending my fees on.

This is very easy to do.

Zoom and many other video chat programs have built-on functionality that allows you to record your sessions.

If you have been officially hired by a client, then there is no limit on what kinds of communication tools you may use.

Don't try to use Upwork-provided tools to do this. They are not going to provide that any time in the future. If you want to record your future Zoom sessions with clients or freelancers, then ask them for permission ahead of time and use a tool that lets you do so.

You asked about video as well as voice only calls. Where I live, it is legal to record calls without the other person's knowledge or consent. That is the law for nearly every state in the U.S. But it isn't necessarily that way elsewhere.

Whether or not that is legal, as professional, responsible freelancers, clients, and Upwork users, of course we want to ask permission first.

As a freelancer, I routinely allow clients to record videoconferencing sessions when they hire me to provide consulting services or schedule meetings with me. They are the paying client. I consider the session to belong entirely to them. But I appreciate the fact that they are being polite by asking.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members