🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I reply to job post in language other...
Page options
misha_sovkin
Community Member

Can I reply to job post in language other than english?

Can I reply to job post in language other than english? For example I saw a job post written in english and one of the requrements was "preferably Ukrainian/Russian speaking" posted by client from Ukraine. Can I answer to this job in Ukrainian/Russian language?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Misha S wrote:

Can I reply to job post in language other than english? For example I saw a job post written in english and one of the requrements was "preferably Ukrainian/Russian speaking" posted by client from Ukraine. Can I answer to this job in Ukrainian/Russian language?

Yes.

Job descriptions have to be made in English. If you notice e.g. that the client uses Russian-English, just reply in Russian or Ukrainian. I do it all the time (just not Russian or Ukrainian Smiley Wink )

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jr-translation
Community Member

Misha S wrote:

Yes.

Job descriptions have to be made in English. If you notice e.g. that the client uses Russian-English, just reply in Russian or Ukrainian. I do it all the time (just not Russian or Ukrainian Smiley Wink )

Thanks!
mtngigi
Community Member

Misha S wrote:

You can, but I wouldn't advise it. You do not know who the job poster is or may be representing ... they could very well be someone who does not know the language. Personally, I would err on the side of caution.

I would reply in the same language the job post is written. The description could be in other languages apart from English. I have seen job posts made in Spanish, French, Russian, etc.

If the post mentions a language requirement I may write a couple sentences in that language.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths