🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I report the client instead of the job it...
Page options
iamchunchunchun
Community Member

Can I report the client instead of the job itself?

I saw a job post which the client requests a freelancer to do something which is obviously illegal. I reported the job post itself, but I found from the the client's history that he had already completed some similar projects before. Is there a way that I can report that client directly?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiu,

You can submit a support request and share all the relevant details, and our team will follow up to review them and take action if a violation is identified. Thank you for reporting!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hiu,

You can submit a support request and share all the relevant details, and our team will follow up to review them and take action if a violation is identified. Thank you for reporting!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks! I'm going to do it.

And the job post was taken down almost immediately after I reported it. 

Reaction to flagging has been improved incredibly!!

undefined:

Reaction to flagging has been improved incredibly!!

And then the guy from the support team gave me a canned response (which clearly indicated that he didn't read what I wrote)!!!

Hi Hiu,

I checked the response you received and can confirm our agent did request the additional detail in line with our internal guidelines, since it will be used to identify the client which can't be done solely on the information you provided in your original message. Thanks for the follow-up, our team will review the client's activity and take the necessary steps.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths