cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I see the work diary of each freelancer within an Upwork agency that I employ?

a7dd4f3d
Peter F Member Since: Feb 11, 2017
1 of 9

I want to hire an Upwork agency instead of managing several freelancers myself. The issue I have is with the work diary.

If I send all of my work to an agency instead of individual freelancers can I still see the work diary of each worker within the agency that is working on my projects?

Right now I can see the work diary of each freelancer I employ while they work on my projects but I fear I will loose this ability if I employ an agency instead.

Is this true or how does this work?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Peter

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

Peter, you can not "hire an agency"

You can hire several freelancers via an agency, in which case you can still see every freelancer's work diary.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 9

Peter, I've flagged your account w/ the message "client needs moderator input"; you've asked a question re the diaries that has never been posed before -

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 9

Peter wrote, "I want to hire an Upwork agency instead of managing several freelancers myself."

Just want to point out there's a third alternative: hire a project manager to select and manage freelancers, agency affiliated or otherwise.

5 of 9

Hey thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. Smiley Happy

So if I use a project manager will they then have administrative privledges on my account? What will they be able to control or can I choose what they can and cannot do?

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
6 of 9

Peter, John's recommendation of hiring a Project Manager might be your best option.  That will ensure you have final decision making control of exactly who is acting in each role.  Not all agencies are created equal; some are great; others not so. 

I just saw your response - and I believe you can control exactly what rights the Project Manager has.

a7dd4f3d
7 of 9

Ok I will try to get this setup.

Thanks again

csjarmitage
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
8 of 9

Hi Peter,

I'm a PM and I handle hiring and freelancer management for my clients.  I can definitely see the work diaries but I cannot see (and do not want to see lol) any financials.  If you hire a PM, you can give them hiring manager permissions, which are limited.

Hope this helps!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Peter,

In addition to the advice you received, please note that only the hired freelancer is allowed to log time on your Hourly contract. This means each individual agency contractor will need to be hired separately by you or your project manager, and log time in their own Work Diary.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS