🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Can I send proposals from my senior fello...
Page options
usmanwdeveloper
Community Member

Can I send proposals from my senior fellow's account?

Hi!

My senior fellow asked me to send job proposals and respond to clients from his account. I will be only maintaining his account. If any client wants to hire then I will tell him, then my fellow will take over the client's job. I will not be working on his account just to maintain his account.

I want to know, can I do that (As he has a compulsion)?

Thank you!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that using an account that isn't yours is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
lysis10
Community Member

no

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that using an account that isn't yours is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D, Ok it's clear to me now.

I have another case!

For example, If I am a backend developer and get a job for the backend development, at the end if the client needs the frontend work also and I get that too and get the work done from my fellow who knows frontend but he has no Upwork Profile. Can I do that???

If "No", then what if I inform the client that I will give you your work but I will be not doing that but my fellow will.

Muhammad Usman J wrote:

I have another case!

For example, If I am a backend developer and get a job for the backend development, at the end if the client needs the frontend work also and I get that too and get the work done from my fellow who knows frontend but he has no Upwork Profile. Can I do that???

If "No", then what if I inform the client that I will give you your work but I will be not doing that but my fellow will.

Start an agency. As an independent, the answer is still no.

You seem to be heading for suspension. i would suggest that you read Upwork's Terms of Service - all of them - very, very carefully. 

Nichola L wrote:

Muhammad Usman J wrote:

I have another case!

Start an agency. As an independent, the answer is still no.

You seem to be heading for suspension. i would suggest that you read Upwork's Terms of Service - all of them - very, very carefully. 

Actually, one of the mods said on a thread yesterday that you ARE allowed to subcontract work and/or have employees, without starting an agency.

Christine A, Can you share the link to that thread?

Muhammad Usman J wrote:

I have another case!

Why are you asking about doing only backend, and not front end, when your profile says "Full Stack Web Developer" and "Front-End Development"???

No No, I have just given an example.

You should see I have also written: "For example".

My intention was to get the answer to "Can I get work done from my fellow if needed", to support this I have given an example. I did not really mean that.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths