cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I set up my payments to split into two accounts? 70% checking / 30% savings

Highlighted
Sergio T Member Since: Jan 20, 2010
1 of 6

One time while I was a full-time employee with Gusto as the HR system, I could set up percentages to go to different accounts.

It was a great way for me to set up automated savings.

Is there a way for me to send say gross 70% to my checking account and gross 30% to my savings account? If not, Upwork can you build this feature for us? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 6

@Sergio T wrote:

It was a great way for me to set up automated savings.

Is there a way for me to send say gross 70% to my checking account and gross 30% to my savings account? If not, Upwork can you build this feature for us?

Just withdraw manually and flexibly split your earnings whichever way you like. I set my auto-withdrawal to 3 monthly and manually withdraw to a number of withdrawal methods as and when and in proportions that suit me.

Highlighted
Anthony B Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
3 of 6

Also looking for this. Very important to me. Ecxept i have 2 different savings accounts (at the same bank), and need to be able to split the payout. 

A non-automated solution is unacceptable.

I'm also checking if i can set this up on the bank's side of things.

Highlighted
Sergio T Member Since: Jan 20, 2010
4 of 6

@Upwork - wonder if this idea is tracking or a non-starter. Would love this feature!

Highlighted
Diego F Member Since: Jun 11, 2019
5 of 6

Interested in this as well. Having the ability to split every automated payout 70/30 checking/savings would save me a lot of work (and fees). 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 6

Diego F wrote:

Interested in this as well. Having the ability to split every automated payout 70/30 checking/savings would save me a lot of work (and fees). 

If your bank charges a fee to transfer from checking to savings, perhaps you should look for another bank. My bank never charges a fee to transfer, and as Petra suggests, you can set up automatic transfers.

Upwork is not going to implement something so easily done on the freelancer side and that very few (or none, until now) have requested.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS