cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can I share client feedback on my facebook page

Nidhi J Member Since: Feb 27, 2018
1 of 7
Hi upwork,

I want to create a personal facebook page and share my feedback’s there through screenshots(since only 2 feedback are visible to people not on upwork ) so that my friends and social circle can see. And I want to put words like, if you want to create a website, contact me on upwork, with my profile link .

Can I do that, I mean this is not against your policies, right.. anyway I would be accepting work through upwork only. It’s just a way of communicating good work, so that if they wish they can hire me through upwork.

Regards,
Nidhi
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 7

Hello Nidhi,

Yes. You may do that. Please read this article about our Terms of Service for more information. Thank you!

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

The reason why some jobs are not visible to people who are not logged into Upwork is because they resulted from job postings which the clients themselves (!!) had set to either private or "Upwork Users Only"

To publish them on your facebook page would override that privacy concern and I don't think it would be appropriate.

When something is set to not be publicly visible by a client then that should be respected.

Nidhi J Member Since: Feb 27, 2018
4 of 7

Thank you for replying.

So, if the job posting is not private, then can i share on my personal facebook page?

I don't want to violate any upwork policies and keep them in high regard.

I just wanted to put through my accomplishments in my friend list and their friends and so on, so that if anyone wants a web work done, they can contact me on upwork.

Like suppose, if we have a private business, we can maintain our FB page to show our ratings and client's feedback. When people see the feedback and ratings, they contact you for work.

So, in my case, people can create their account on upwork and start a contract with me.

Regards,

Nidhi

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
5 of 7

Essentially, any job that is NOT visible on your profile when not logged in is not visible because the client SET it to be not visible to anyone other than (logged in) Upwork users.

So the only jobs that should be visible to anyone, anywhere, on Facebook or elsewhere, are the ones that can be seen on your profile when viewed by someone who is not logged in.

Mdaslam M Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
6 of 7

give me any job my all friends

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 7

Hi Mdaslam,

I checked and saw that you created a client account. If you would like to be able to submit a proposal as a freelancer, you will need to create a freelancer account and get it approved. You can be both a freelancer and a client on Upwork. You'll use the same account to log in to Upwork, but the two parts of your account will be kept entirely separate. You'll be able to easily switch between the two as needed. You can read more about it here.

Additionally, please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals on jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Also, check out these threads Getting Started on Upwork and Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS