🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I share my medium.com profile in a propos...
Page options
asifsultan1
Community Member

Can I share my medium.com profile in a proposal?

Hi everyone.

I am a content writer and have some articles written on my medium.com profile. My question is if I can share my profile with clients in a proposal so they can see my work?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Asif,

Yes, you can share your external portfolios. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a278c4ba
Community Member

thank you it really helped but i have another question. 
As i have my own blog post website, can i share the link of my own website or portfolio website with my clients in the proposal?

Hi Shahina,

Yes, you can share your portfolio website link with the client. Please remind your potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

- Pradeep

Upwork
73401c12
Community Member

Hello. I also want to share my medium links but don't know how to attach..please help

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that there is no option to attach the link to the proposal. You can only add links directly in the proposals. 

Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. That is why we are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. When you share these outside links, please remind potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
a278c4ba
Community Member

I have an important query:

As I regularly craft newsletters and articles on a weekly cadence for my LinkedIn profile, I'm considering sharing my newsletter URL with clients in proposals as a sample of my work. Additionally, I'm curious if it's appropriate to share my portfolio website address, where I've showcased a comprehensive display of sample works that provide a complete overview of my capabilities. I'd greatly appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members