cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stop getting invited to interviews by Talent Scouts?

ancagaby
Gabriela C Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
1 of 7

Hello!

I was wondering whether there was any chance of getting Upwork to stop giving me recommendations from Talent Scouts. So far, they have all been wrong and I've had to decline every single one of them. Not to mention the fact that they seem to be incredibly active only during the weekend, when I am away from my laptop and when I am forced to go on Upwork from my phone to decline them only to keep up the 24 hour response rate. 

They are a big nuisance and they are rarely ever ok for what I do. Another thing I do not understand is how they match clients with freelancers. I've had a lot of invitations for clients with awful entry contracts, with very low pay, probably better suited for someone with zero experience and recommendations. I am top rated and passed that point, and I imagined Upwork had realized this by now.

Thank you for your time!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Hi Gabriela,

To clarify, the timing of the invites our team sends depends on when a client who requested our team's assistance posts their job. Our team looks at different factors when inviting a freelancer, work history being one of them, which might account for the invites you received.

Our team will block further invites as per your request.

Untitled

View solution in original post

ancagaby
Gabriela C Member Since: Feb 21, 2017
3 of 7

Thank you!

I appreciate your prompt response. 

mgmason1975
Community Leader
Matthew M Member Since: May 22, 2013
4 of 7

It may also be advisable to get into the habit of setting your status to unavailable every Friday afternoon with an expiry date of the following Monday. I nearly always wake up on a Saturday morning to an invitation and I resent having to even think about work during the weekend.

tbdusty
Mercedes T B Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
5 of 7

Well, if it is possible to block these Talent Scout interview for me I would appreciate it.  I have the same issues as Gabriela - I have had to decline all of the "interviews" because they are not a fit for me or my skills.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Mercedes, 

I`m sorry to hear this, and yes i will ask our team to block any further invitations towards you. 

~ Goran
Upwork
thewriterstuff
Gail J Member Since: Feb 18, 2017
7 of 7

I have to admit I've been getting weird recommendations from the talent scouts as well. The latest was for a sci-fi, paranormal, fantasy romance novel. I write and edit children's stories.

I'm not going to request that they stop because, maybe some marvelous day, they'll hit on one that actually matches my credentials. Smiley Frustrated

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS