🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I submit multiple payment requests iin 1 ...
Page options
dw-writer
Community Member

Can I submit multiple payment requests iin 1 milestone

I am working on a project with a single miletone for $1,000. Much more needs to be done than the client described, It is adding weeks to when the project will be completed. Meanwhile, I am incurring a lot of time and unable to bill since it is not fully completed

Is it possible to request several payments for a single milestone that will total to the $1,000?

3 REPLIES 3
ArjayM

Hi Deborah,

Your client places funds into escrow when they set up a milestone. When you submit a milestone deliverable, your client is able to review your work and direct us to release payment. Your client can choose to release the full amount, more, or less than the escrow deposit, or ask you for changes to the work product.

With that being said, it's best to communicate with your client for terms on how to complete the project and get paid accordingly. If the client releases a partial amount, they can then create another milestone and fund it using the balance still remaining in Escrow. This is a way to split the existing milestone into several payments. Feel free to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

I mainly work on hourly contracts, but I have worked on fixed contracts in the past.

I think it is possible for a client to release a partial amount from the total milestone payment! Yes, it is possible I am quite positive about it! 

You can also consider asking the client to split the $1000 into 4 milestones of $250 each, this is the right way of doing it...

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If more work needs to be done than you quoted for, it sounds like you need to add more milestones, not split up your existing milestone. If you've already done $1,000 worth of work, you can ask the client to release that milestone and set up a new milestone for the additional work that he's requesting. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths