🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can I trust this client?
Page options
eloy-s-vizcaino
Community Member

Can I trust this client?

Hi,

I am interested in an offer from a client whose total rating is 4.35 which suggests that it is reliable, but looking at the ratings left by the freelancers who have worked with this client it seems that it is not really a reliable client.
These are their ratings on 50 contracts:

15 jobs in progress
11 has not feedback
11 ratings 5 stars
5 rating 5 stars
1 rating 3 stars
2 ratings of 2 stars
5 one-star ratings

Some comments from the freelancers:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

(I am not allowed to reproduce the comments received by the freelancers of this costumer, but they were not positive.)

I would like to know if you recommend me to work with this client and if not, I should review the global rating system used for clients.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely
Eloy S-Vizcaino M.

I attach the link to the client's offer:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bevcam
Community Member

Obviously it's your decision, but in my opinion, if you get an uncomfortable feeling I'd say pass on the offer.

If you get regular offers (you've had 88 jobs and are top-rated) then your skills are in demand. There will be other jobs and other offers.

I've learned to look very carefully at clients before I apply and accept an offer. It doesn't mean the client is bad - I'd just rather let someone else put up with them.

For me, the stress some clients create isn't worth the payment. I do look at what other freelancers say and the ratio of "no feedback" contracts, and I take note. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jr-translation
Community Member

You can work with any client, as long as you follow the Upwork basics. Most complains were the typical "client did not reply", "client scammed me". He might have a history of underfunding, but there is nothing we can do if freelancers deliver underfunded milestones.

What I would look at is that he has a 10k budget and is looking for 50 people.

Thank you very much for your response, Jennifer!
It is true that if you keep all the precautions Upwork ensures you get paid, but I would like to focus on work and avoid bad experiences. I thought that the overall rating of this client did not correspond to the customer way of acting.

warm regards

I have just seen that the comments this client received have been deleted from my post and that has altered the context of my question, so that your answer only could based on the data from the ratings.
Thank you very much Jennifer for your interest.

Eloy S wrote:

I have just seen that the comments this client received have been deleted from my post and that has altered the context of my question, so that your answer only could based on the data from the ratings.
Thank you very much Jennifer for your interest.

I saw the feedback before it was removed. But I would be careful with this client and make sure everything is funded. But again 10K between 50 people is not much.

bevcam
Community Member

Obviously it's your decision, but in my opinion, if you get an uncomfortable feeling I'd say pass on the offer.

If you get regular offers (you've had 88 jobs and are top-rated) then your skills are in demand. There will be other jobs and other offers.

I've learned to look very carefully at clients before I apply and accept an offer. It doesn't mean the client is bad - I'd just rather let someone else put up with them.

For me, the stress some clients create isn't worth the payment. I do look at what other freelancers say and the ratio of "no feedback" contracts, and I take note. 

Thank you very much Bev, I am of the same opinion as you and I believe that this is one of the reasons for having good results.
Although I always try to review all the information about the offers and customers, when seeing the global valuation of this client I was about to send a request but I reviewed the set of ratings and comments that the client had received and it made me do the question about this post. I think 4.35 points is too generous a rating for a client who has had so many conflicts with different freelancers and does not accurately reflect his profile.

I wish you all the best!

I concur.  Which is different than a kudo.   It is an "I concur".

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members